Friday, August 3, 2012

Meet Dian Glover!

Good morning, Ladies!

I'm back again today with another leadership team introduction.  Take it away, Dian!


My name is Dian Glover.  Thomas and I have been married for 33 years.  We have 2 sons and a daughter-in-love.  We have lived in Hot Springs since 1983 and owned Glover Bible Bookstore for 17 years.  We joined Lake Valley in 1996.  I taught school at Cutter Morning Star Elementary for 7 years.  I am now the Elementary Children’s Coordinator at Lake Valley.  I enjoy singing, playing the piano, organizing and decorating, reading and traveling.  I am even a part of a band that sings around town!

God began a work on my heart for women after hearing a lady talk about the mentoring program at Fellowship Bible Church in Northwest Arkansas.  After hearing, I began praying for the women of Lake Valley to catch the vision of Titus 2.  As I prayed for a mentor for my daughter-in-love, God’s still small voice reminded me I, too, could do that for someone else.  Last year we began our mentoring ministry at Lake Valley!  I am also very passionate about encouraging women in their connections with God and with other women; recognizing the value they have in Christ and their influence in the lives of their children and husband, which can produce satisfying joy.

I am so excited about the “fresh & new” adventure I feel God is preparing for us as women!  We need each other for support and encouragement as we seek to follow Christ each day.  We need to lend our strengths to each other as we seek to build His kingdom.   My prayer it that God will unify us as sisters in Him!  I’m ready for where He leads.  I’m sure it will be amazing!!

Thanks, Dian.  I expect that you will be getting a few responses about the mentoring program, what that means and how they can plug in as a mentor or a mentee.

Well, Ladies, I hope you are getting the sense that something good is brewing for the women of Lake Valley Church.  Lest you are thinking we are all talk and no action, let me assure you that over the next five months a great deal of preparation will be taking place.  By December, you will get to hear what that means and how you can be part of the plan.  In the meantime, may I ask you to pray for us as we explore the "Fresh and New" opportunities?

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Suzanne  


No comments:

Post a Comment